Sunday, September 30, 2012

Learning Enviornment




My classroom layout was specifically designed to meet the needs of Elementary level students, especially Kindergarten through Second grades. I chose a large room with a flowing layout and many double panel windows so that the children and I can both receive plenty of natural sunlight throughout the day. The desks are located in the center of the room in pods so that the kids can interact with their peers. They are also all placed facing the projector screen so that everyone can learn and be taught more easily. To the right of the room is a Computer Station with three computers available to students. To the left is the projection screen and easel. In the back right corner I chose a Reading Rug for story time and project sharing. In this corner there is an L-shaped couch for extra seating, and also book cases with numerous books available to the children. In the back left corner is my desk, so that I can have my eyes on the classroom and the children at all times. There is also plenty of storage for myself and the student's belongings and tools. Oh, and can't forget about the class pet!
I chose the lay out of the room because of how open and bright it is. I like plenty of space and everyone seated in one direction so that they can easily focus on where I am teaching. We will be reading a lot and sharing a lot of projects that we complete so I wanted a nice area for this with plenty of space and a homey touch. The three computers will be used a lot by the students, and will help them become accustomed to technology, which will be demanded by them in the near future. I would like the atmosphere of my classroom to be very peaceful and welcoming to the children so that they can feel at home and comfortable while they are learning. I plan to be very one on one with the kids, and also somewhat old fashioned. I like teaching and using some technology but I will not solely base my teaching style or curriculum off of it. I think it is necessary to incorporate both. I am very excited about my classroom and hope that the children will be just as enthusiastic as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment